Download the data from 23andMe
If you do not already have a copy of your client's 23andMe data, you will need to have your client download it from inside their 23andMe account:
- Sign into the 23andMe account.
- Select “Tools” at the top of the page.
- Select “Browse Raw Data” from the drop-down box.
- Under “Your Raw Data,” click DOWNLOAD.
- Scroll down and click SUBMIT REQUEST.
- Check for an email for a link to the download page (this may take up to one hour). Click the link.
- Enter the account password and select “Download Raw Data.”
- After download, find and save the file.
Download and Sign 23andMe Consent Form:
This document, signed by your client, is required to complete and release their AGS 23andMe conversion report. Please use the method of completion that works best for you and your patient/client to get it uploaded:
- Complete Online: Click on the image to the right to access the fillable form (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required and can be downloaded for free here:
https://get.adobe.com/reader/ ). Complete all required fields, have your patient/client sign electronically, save and upload.
- Complete Offline: Click on the image to the right (we recommend saving the document for future reference and faster uploading), print, complete all required fields, have your patient/client sign, scan, save and upload.
Upload the 23andMe data to AGS:
Once you have your client's 23andMe data ready to upload, follow these quick instructions:
- Click “Choose File” below and locate the 23andMe file.
- Click “Open” to upload the file (may take several minutes).
- Complete the AGS 23andMe Conversion Test Consent Form (if you do not already have the form on file, click here to obtain one or complete it online with your client or patient present to give their electronic signature).
- Click “Choose File” below and locate the saved Consent Form.
- Click “Open to upload the file.
- Click “Update Data Now” to complete the process (the button should disappear and you will see a notification that the data has been sent to AGS for processing).
Please note that both the 23andMe data file and the AGS 23andMe Conversion Test Consent Form must be uploaded correctly to process your request.
The turn-around time for this conversion is approximately 48 to 72 hours and you will receive your patient/client’s information once the process is complete (no emails will be sent directly to your patient/client).
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your AGS Liaison or Kendall Utter (833-874-3637, Ext. 703 or Kendall@ags-health.com).