We all know that person (I was going to say child but I still do this myself) who goes to the Christmas tree, picks up a wrapped present, shakes it and then tries to guess what is inside. Not to brag but I have been pretty darn accurate in the past with my guesses! Playing the 'guessing game' makes gift-giving... and gift-receiving... a heck of a lot more fun! What are the best gifts this holiday season? Have you thought about which gifts are useful or just clutter up a shelf? Are there any repercussions? Am I giving what is best? Am I protecting them? Well there is much more behind gift giving than wondering if the recipient will like it.
Did the mention of 'protection' above throw you off?
Well it shouldn’t! In today's world, identity theft, scammers and something as simple as a fake credit card reader can be life changing for someone. And, I don’t mean that in a good way! This makes it important for anyone purchasing gifts to be aware of any repercussions that may follow. For example, last year when you made the mistake of buying an Xbox for your kids and now they are glued to the TV day-in and day-out.
Consider giving the gift of health!
With an AGS Genetic test placed in a shoe box under the tree, you will absolutely stump the whole family while protecting them at the same time. I am sure you are thinking how does AGS protect one's genetic information? Well the answer is simple, AGS is one of only a few genetic companies that does not make our customer's data The Product. This is a very HUGE point to understand and why other genetic tests are offered at lower prices, as the sale of your data is subsidizing and lowering the costs. You're still paying for it, but in the form of lost privacy.
Here are three ways AGS's tests differ from our competitors:
1. AGS does not sell or share any genetic information obtained from our customers to any third parties.
- Our laboratory has been accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and has Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certification.
- In order to receive these accreditations, a laboratory must demonstrate that it operates with the highest standards of quality, accuracy and consistency.
- Simply put, we store and keep the genetic data safe for only as long as CLIA and CAP requires us too, then the samples and data are destroyed.
- You are protected by AGS GeneShield, the proprietary combination of policies, procedures and insurance protection, when you purchase our tests.
2. Complete Genetic Testing Data Transparency
- We deliver full, accurate, and timely disclosure of all information.
We test 60 SNPs and report on all 60, we report on all genes tested.
We will not contact you on a future date asking for more money to send you undelivered information on data previously collected.
Fact: AGS does not have a hidden agenda -- our goal is to empower you with your genetic information to make healthier lifestyle choices. Period.
3. When your genetic report is sent to you, it is password-protected and in an encrypted format.
- AGS is secure and we have done our part.
- Now it is time for you to do yours!
- If you want to share your results with your friends, family, neighbors, physician, dietician, or personal trainer, that is great! And we encourage you to do so. We let you decide who you share your information with and how you want to utilize it.
Genetics and genetic data are powerful, so make sure you protect your results after you receive your genetic report! Do your research, ask questions and take your health and wellness to the next level. With AGS you only have one option, to opt into keeping you and your loved ones genetic information safe with GeneShield!