Not all DNA Genetic tests are created equal.
Some say we are in the age of a biotech boom! Genetic testing is gaining more and more recognition and becoming less and less scary, but most people still think all genetic tests are alike. The most well known genetic testing companies have dramatically expanded the array of their genetic tests and lowered the price making the final report more informative at a price everyone can afford. This is happening, in part, due to advancing technologies allowing sequencing of more genes at a lesser cost compared to years past. Within the next year, hundreds of thousands of people are expected to participate in genetic testing in the United States alone. It is anticipated that this number will continue to increase due to the plunge in costs as technology becomes widely prevalent. There are many types of genetic tests out there and are wildly different from each other.
Here is a list of five things to pay attention to when you're looking for the best genetic testing, specifically one that tests for health, wellness, fitness and diet.
1) What do DNA Genetic tests report on, and which type is right for me?
There are many types of tests. Make sure you get the test for the results you're looking for:
• Health and wellness tests help you learn about your body and in terms of diet and exercise
• Ancestry tests show you where you're genes say you're from, race, ethnicity %, and so on
• Paternity tests determine relationships
• Medication tolerance tests to find out if you'll have issues with medications; ie., Pharmacogenomics
• Predictive disease testing
For those of you looking for a health and wellness genetic test, say goodbye to trial and error! The test results from this type of test can offer you a comprehensive and unique guide, based on your genes, to maximize your personal potential. Regardless of age, you'll get the same kind of results whether you’re testing a toddler or a grandparent; as your genes are set at birth and there is no return or exchange system! The results for an AGS Genetic Health & Wellness test will enable you to make smarter choices to achieve your health and wellness goals. Even more, it will empower you with actionable data to tailor a nutrition, diet and exercise plan designed specifically for you, especially if you want to:
- Eat better
- Feel better
- Exercise more efficiently
- Find out what vitamins you should take
- Manage your weight
- Change your diet for health reasons
3) How the samples are collected?
Many people feel trepidation towards giving blood or providing 2mL of saliva… of course, that’s painful and gross! There is little difference in the genetic information obtained from blood, saliva, or a cheek swab. For obvious reason, a non-invasive, cheek swab takes twenty seconds, done in the comfort of your own home is the preferred method.
3) How private and secure are my results?
Data is power and your data is worth money. Data harvesting companies, and frequently insurance companies, pay a lot of money to obtain your information. When you buy a genetic test, you are focused on getting your genetic information but you should also be investing in your privacy; you get what you pay for. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Other genetic tests are less expensive for the end user, but you may not be aware that these company may be collecting your genetic information and selling it the very next day, such as 23andMe and ancestry.com. The bottom line here is that your information is either private or it’s not. At AGS, your right to privacy and security is very important to us. AGS adheres to strict confidentiality and privacy laws that ensure that genetic information is kept private or only shared with your physician. Unlike several other genetic companies, AGS does not sell or transfer any personal data to any third parties. No exceptions.
AGS is committed to privacy and will NEVER SELL your private information.
4) How can I utilize my results?
Have you ever wondered if your high intensity cardio workout is the best workout for you? Why you don’t lose weight on low-fat diets? Why you crave certain foods? Are your vitamins actually beneficial? Or why you don’t ever feel full, even after eating a large meal? All these questions and more can be answered with the results of an AGS Health & Wellness test. Don’t worry; every purchase comes with a free one-on-one consultation with a trained genetic nutritionist to answer all your question. We make sure you know what to do next!
5) How will this impact my life in a meaningful way?Learning what your body needs in order to obtain your optimal level of fitness is the best way to achieve your health goals. “One size does not fit all” when identifying the right fitness and diet plan! The AGS Genetic Health & Wellness test results will empower individuals to make smarter lifestyle choices based on their unique genes such as:
- Boost your energy levels Optimize your exercise routine
- Identify & address vitamin deficiencies
- Create a personalized grocery list
- Control your weight & body mass
- Save time & money
With an AGS Genetic Health & Wellness test learn how to become the best you possible!
Click below to have a conversation with one of our representatives.